Kimberly

Kim was diagnosed with AML Leukemia on July 22, 2009, just after she finished high school. She'd been feeling well, just showing a few bruises when she went to Primary Childrens Medical Center for a heart surgery to fix a relatively minor condition she's had since she was born. A blood test before the surgery showed that her blood had been completely taken over by the cancer. They admitted her that day and began treatment right away. She went through five long rounds of chemotherapy, doing relatively well, with the exception of one infection that led to a very scary stay in the Pediatric ICU. She spent almost all of that time in the hospital, with just a few breaks to go home. By the end of March 2010 she was allowed to go home for good- officially in remission! She was so excited to finally go to USU Fall semester, and got strait A's in all of her classes! Psychology, Humanities, Family Finance and ANATOMY. Not a week after finals, at a regular check up at PCMC, her blood tests showed that her cancer was back. And thus began round two- Kim's goal was to make it to a bone marrow transplant. We had found a donor, so all that was left was to get her in remission once more. After three rounds of chemotherapy, her body was no longer strong enough to keep fighting, no matter that her spirit was. She will always be with us. 7:48 pm, March 31, 2011

Saturday, March 20, 2010

EXCELLENT NEWS!!

I HAVE 200 ANC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm super stoked! I get to come home soon!!!!!! Maybe Monday. SQUEAL!!! YES YES YES! :) Ok breathe Kim breathe. My ANC went from 0 to 200 today. It was a total shock. I just can't believe it. I'm almost done! So so so SOOOO close! WOW! Oh my goodness! My bed sore is looking so much better, maybe I won't need plastic surgery after all. It's made more progress the past few days than it has the past couple months. Amazing. I'll be out of here before I know it.
This weekend so far has been a real treat. Both my mom and dad have been staying down here with me since Em is in Zion's National Park with her Relief Society Presidency (which she is a part of). It's been a balst being together :). I just love my parents so much I want to squeal just thinking about it. Man I'm hyper.
I'm so ready for Spring, I can't wait to go hiking, biking, running, and soaking up sunshine. Happiness :). I also need to get a job. If any of you know of a job I could get please let me know.
You guys have been so great. Thanks for helping me get through this trial. *HUGS*!! I love you all!
Kim

6 comments:

  1. That's exciting new. I am thrilled, if I hear of any jobs I'll let you know. This is so awesome, your happiness is contagious. Love Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooooooorrrrrraaaaayyyyyyy!! You are so dang cute Kim I can't handle it! Keep the good news coming! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo!!!! That is just the thing we've been waiting to hear! You did it girl! You beat the Red Robot! We'll have to celebrate! Keep it up! Can't wait to see you! Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you don't seem excited, do you???!!!! We are as well. Great fight Kim. We are proud of you. Love you,
    Don and Lois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim!! Congrats! That is so exciting! I am so happy for you! I wish you the very best! I miss ya. By the way, I LOVED your St. Patty's Day wig! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY! *BREATH* YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!

    ReplyDelete